To my friends and family: This post is a spoiler for a few of your Christmas gifts so please do not read any further!
I love the run-up to Christmas and all of the festivities it brings, perhaps more than the day itself. It feels so magical and it gives us a wonderful excuse to spend more time with our loved ones who we may or may not see very often.
This year I’m buying less but investing in some more quality pieces that I know my favourite people will love, for example, my best friend recently told me about her 2017 adventures so I’ve bought her a diary that she can note down all of these exciting plans! A super simple idea that happens to be pretty and useful.
This Christmas Gift Guide For Her is made up with a few of my favourite reads, beauty products and stocking staples that I hope you’ll feel inspired by if you’re stuck for ideas…
1. No matter how well we may know someone, thinking up ideas for Christmas gifts can prove to be pretty stressful. Why not opt for something like Margaret Dabbs Intensive Hydrating Foot Lotion* or one of their Nail Polishes*? A perfect pamper present to give that special someone the gift of some ‘me time’ during the festive period.
2. Hobbycraft are selling these awesome copper wire letters at the moment which would make a lovely stocking filler. With each one costing £3 each, you could buy enough to spell out their name or simply settle for their initials. A perfect gift for bloggers!
3. This Black Pomegranate candle from The Country Candle Company is my absolute fave! It reminds me of Jo Malone’s Pomegranate Noir scent but of course, much more affordable. I bought one for my best friend last year and she loved it!
4. Who doesn’t like Essie nail paint? Their new glitter top coats are the new party accessory you should be sporting this season and make pretty perfect prezzies for girls who like to get glam!
5. These Retro Lightbulb Glasses are so cool! A great gift for that trendy friend who might enjoy something less traditional and a little different.
6. It was love at first sight when I saw this mug at Cherryade. With the cute ‘Hey You‘ message inside, this one’s for the female who simply enjoys a good cup of tea (or three) and that clearly requires a pretty cup to drink from, right?!
7. If you watched my Last Minute Affordable Christmas Gift Guide last year, you’ll know that HomeSense is my go-to place for gifts. Whether it’s for him or her, there is so much to choose from. I recently popped in and picked up a couple of these stunning handmade patterned plates for under £5, perfect for displaying jewellery and other trinkets.
8. Sainsbury’s have a great range of 2017 Diaries to choose from, including this tan one I bought for a friend. You could even write in your own birthday and include a special ‘girls day out’ date for the diary too as a little surprise for your loved one to look forward to!
9. This book is simply brilliant! If you know someone who is stressed out and always trying to please others before themselves, you need to buy them Sarah Knight’s The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k! It also looks pretty on the bookshelf…
10. I love this woman! Lindsey Kelk is not only a fantastic human being whose books are chick lit at their very best, she’s just as witty and brilliant on social media (and IRL) too. Her new book We Were On a Break should be on everyone’s Christmas list this year.
11. Another inspiring lady who can turn her hand to anything, Emma Gannon‘s Ctrl Alt Delete: How I Grew Up Online is a total throwback to growing up in the age of MSN Messenger, MySpace and Nokia 3210’s!
12. Cheryl Strayed’s Wild documents her incredible journey that proves to be a truly inspirational read for men and women. This one’s for the book lover in your life.
13. Whether you’re a fan or not, Alan Cumming’s You Gotta Get Bigger Dreams is a charming read that dives in to some of the star’s hilarious and embarrassing showbiz encounters.
I hope this has given you some gift inspiration, or perhaps you’ve added a few more present ideas to your own list!
I’ll be doing a special giveaway over on Instagram on Friday 9th December so make sure you’re following me on there for a chance to enter.